1. How did you first come to hear about New Life?
I first heard about New Life when my church, City Church Aberdeen, was offering a trip for volunteers in October 2011.
2. What made you decide to volunteer with New Life?
I've continued to come and lead trips to the New Life homes because I value the work that they do. They care about every child and strive to give the best care and best opportunities to each of them.
3. What has been your favourite thing about volunteering with New Life?
My favourite thing about working with New Life? That’s so hard! I love so many things. I love seeing all the happy children. I love that the organisation rescues abandoned babies and gives them a NEW Life. I love the staff, the way that they care about each and every child – yes, I love the heart of the staff members, the way they work with such great care.
4. What are some memorable moments you have had as a volunteer with New Life?
The highlights from my most recent trip were:
- Spending time playing with bubbles with the children
- Doing workshops with the staff at the New Life home in Nakuru
- Seeing how hard everyone works and how full of joy they are as they are working